Wednesday, May 14, 2008

busy, busy at 6 months

We've had a busy week. Let's see...

Saturday we got to see my dear friend Liz, who moved to Dallas in December. She hadn't seen Lillie since she was 6 months old. It was really nice to catch up. I miss her so much. (Lizzie, if you read this, come see us again soon!!!)


Saturday night aunt boo spent the night. She was helping Marci get ready for mother's day festivities. I didn't see her until Sunday morning since Lil and I have an early bedtime. Pax let me sleep in on mother's day. He and Leti played with the baby until I woke up at 10:00!! We had mother's day brunch at Marci's, which was a very lovely spread of delicious food. It was very nice to see the whole family. It seems like at least one of the cousins is missing when we get together, but on Sunday everyone was there. I guess that won't happen much longer since B graduates in a month and goes off to college. After Marci's we went to my mom & dad's house. We enjoyed playing on the floor with all the toys and spending time with nanna & grandad. Erin & Jaime joined us for dinner, a super nice treat since it was our first time to see him since his return from Iraq AND his first time to meet Lillie. I love to hear all of his stories about life in Iraq and some of the crazy missions he had to do. The Spurs game was on too, so there was plenty to keep us busy!


On Monday, we met Laura & Isaac at Calloway's for some going out of business sale on plants. We went a little crazy buying plants, juggling babies, and figuring out how to push 3 carts, and 2 strollers. Fun fun! Sunday was Lillie's 6 month birthday and I've been wanting to take her somewhere to take some pictures. So, we took Lillie to the McNay Muesum for a photo shoot. We took tons and tons of pictures and had a good time walking around the grounds. It's still closed for remodeling until June 6th so it was really quiet. We were stopped by a security guard who told us they are now charging $10 to take picutres even if you aren't a professional photographer!! He was very nice and said if anyone asks to tell them you're a member of the muesum and they won't charge you. Good to know! Here's some of my favorites from the shoot...













taking pictures is soooo tiring!

Yesterday, Tuesday, we went to Austin. I had to work for a few hours and then we ate some lunch at Romeo's and did some shopping. Found a great natural baby store called Austin Baby. I was like a kid in a candy store. It was filled with all kinds of things I drool over online. I bought some things I couldn't live without and then we decided to do some more shopping on s. congress. I love all of those funky little shops, especially Tesoro's. It's just yummy. We were in Uncommon Objects and there was this guy who looked just like Crab Man from My Name is Earl. Paco and I kept giggling and wondering if it was really him. Well, if you know Paco, you know that he went to see if it was. Sure enough, it was! He was in town promoting a movie that he and his friend made and doing some stand up comedy. Leti made us some fantastic fish tacos and Sari came over to see us and meet Lillie. We had such a wonderful day and didn't get home until 10 (very late for us these days!!). Got home just in time to see the Spurs lose and go to bed.
Now it's catch up time with a desperate attempt to get things done and for us to be ready to leave for Galveston on Saturday. So why am I typing? Good question...I better go make something happen!






1 comment:

Tamara said...

Love the pics! That green dress is too cute :D Enjoy your trip to Galveston!