Monday, May 5, 2008

the quadrangle

I'm trying to catch up on some posts that I meant to do last week. Where the heck does time go? I know that's a cliche, but I seriously want to know!!



Lillie and I are sitting here watching Seasame Street and I thought I'd try to catch up. She is actually starting to watch some of it, especially when they sing or Elmo talks (there is just something to that high-pitched voice!). She is really moving around well in the walker. She sees something she wants and goes right to it. She is starting to follow the dogs around too (especially Daisy...her favorite). I set up her favorite toys on the edge of the couch and coffee table and she goes around collecting them, or uhhhh dropping them on the floor. Great fun!



She turns 6 months next week and I want to go somewhere and take some pictures of her (BIG surprise! heehee). I don't really know where I want to do it. If you think of somewhere cool, let me know!



So, last Monday we went to the Quadrangle at Ft Sam Houston with some of the AP (attachment parenting) moms. I had never even heard of it, and after some internet research I discovered that it has been around for a very long time with a rather interesting history. Google it, it's interesting. Anyway, it's a stone courtyard that has animals just roaming around. Deer, peacocks, ducks, rabbits, chickens, roosters that are more than friendly. We fed the deer a carrot right out of my hand. No zoom on the camera, these animals were right there!








I was doing a bunch of laundry and found this bunny hat. It's too small but made for a great picture!

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Hi there! Love looking at your pictures :) I've gotten some good shots of Catherine (and Mapi!) at the Botanical Gardens (get there early for better lighting!) and also at the riverwalk, though for you alone with a little one that might be tricky - go with a friend!